Posted to user@spark.apache.org by motte1988 <wi...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de> on 2014/09/19 09:35:22 UTC

basic streaming question

Hello everybody,
I'm new to spark streaming and played a bit around with WordCount and a
PageRank-Algorithm in a cluster-environment.
Am I right, that in the cluster each executor computes data stream
separately? And that the result of each executor is independent of the other
executors?
In the "non-streaming" spark applications each action-operation merges the
data from the executors and compute one result. or is this wrong?
Is it possible in streaming-context to merge several streams like in a
reduce and compute one result?

greetz