Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2001/06/08 11:34:53 UTC

error regarding invoking css from struts-template

Hi, am i correct that the struts- template is a webapp and can i
physically move it's content to my struts-bbnpa thus move it up to where
tomcat is looking.Thus if this correct must i then constantly only refer
to content in my web app named struts-bbnpa.

Cheers chuck

--
The views expressed by the sender of this message don't
necessarily represent those of Brecon Beacons National Park

Re: error regarding invoking css from struts-template

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
There is  a sample Web app that demonstrates how to use the
struts-template tags, but you don't need to deploy that with your
applicaton.

Struts-template is one of the custom tag libraries, like bean, html, and
logic. All you just need is the stuts-template.tld, same as any of the
others.

The struts-templage tags just run out and assemble your JSP from one or
more pieces.

If the pieces reference a CSS, then the resulting JSP will too. But it
is the browser that applies the CSS, not the tags. The tags just
generate HTML, the rest is up to the browser (or other client).

Have you tried deploying your CSS without the templates?

I believe this is just a CSS path issue, and doesn't have anything to do
with the template tags.