Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Welsney <sw...@126.com> on 2011/04/28 18:04:19 UTC

Query of Maven Plugin Execution Sequence

Hi Maven Support / Developer / User,

I have some query on maven plugin execution sequence. I am not sure if I should seek help through this mail address.

When I specify 2 third-party maven plugins in my POM with the phase, that is to say, these two plugins will execute in same life cycle.

It will bring uncertain execution result if the two plugin execution sequence is depending on build time random decision.

How does maven choose which plugin execute firstly and another plugin excute secondly when 2 plugin with the same phase ?

For the two maven built-in plugins with the same phase, is the execution sequence difference from the two third-party's plugins ?

When the maven built-in plugin and third-party plugin are both specified in POM with the same phase, Do the maven built-in plugin with take procedure to execute ?

These three questions make me some confused. Could anyone please help...

Thanks and Regards.
Welsney

Re: Query of Maven Plugin Execution Sequence

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> It will bring uncertain execution result if the two plugin execution sequence is depending on build time random decision.
>
> How does maven choose which plugin execute firstly and another plugin excute secondly when 2 plugin with the same phase ?
>
> For the two maven built-in plugins with the same phase, is the execution sequence difference from the two third-party's plugins ?
>
> When the maven built-in plugin and third-party plugin are both specified in POM with the same phase, Do the maven built-in plugin with take procedure to execute ?

These are somewhat complicated questions to answer. Depending on the
version of Maven you are using, you will see different results.

The best way to guarantee that plugin1 executes before plugin2 is to
bind them to separate phases.

Is this what you are really trying to get answered, or do you need to
have all of your questions answered?

Wayne