Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Marcelo Muzilli (IG)" <mm...@ig.com.br> on 2004/03/12 14:10:59 UTC

NTLM authenticity problem

Howdy people,
	I´m a newbie in Servlet programming and I need to develop a code to
run in a Ms IIS Webserver (the code needs authenticate in the IIS using the
NTLM authentication protocol).
	I found a code that will authenticate me but I have not success for
this. I downloaded the .JAR and DOCs from the Jakarta homepage and if you
try to compile the following example code (found in the link
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/examples/Al
ternateAuthenticationExample.java), it returns na error because there is no
libs, listed above, inside the .JAR:

import org.apache.commons.httpclient.UsernamePasswordCredentials;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthPolicy;

	Please, where could I find it or please if somebody could help me?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo Muzilli

RES: NTLM authenticity problem

Posted by "Marcelo Muzilli (IG)" <mm...@ig.com.br>.
Hy Ortwin,
	I downloaded and put the JAR in my classpath, but when I try to
compile my servlet, it returns an error:
"HttpClientTutorial.java": cannot resolve symbol: class AuthPolicy in
package auth at line 7, column 43" and
"HttpClientTutorial.java: cannot resolve symbol: variable AuthPolicy in
class HttpClientTutorial at line 48, column 20",

	because it cannot find the AuthPolicy class inside the package. Is
this rigth?

Regards,

Marcelo

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 12 de março de 2004 10:17
Para: Commons HttpClient Project
Assunto: Re: NTLM authenticity problem

Get HttpClient from here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/downloads.html

Make sure you put the jar file on your classpath.

Ortwin Glück

Marcelo Muzilli (IG) wrote:

> Howdy people,
> 	I´m a newbie in Servlet programming and I need to develop a code to
> run in a Ms IIS Webserver (the code needs authenticate in the IIS
> using the NTLM authentication protocol).
> 	I found a code that will authenticate me but I have not success for
> this. I downloaded the .JAR and DOCs from the Jakarta homepage and if
> you try to compile the following example code (found in the link
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/examp
> les/Al ternateAuthenticationExample.java), it returns na error because
> there is no libs, listed above, inside the .JAR:
>
> import org.apache.commons.httpclient.UsernamePasswordCredentials;
> import org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthPolicy;
>
> 	Please, where could I find it or please if somebody could help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marcelo Muzilli

> For additional commands, e-mail:

  NOSE applied intelligence ag