Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tiago <ti...@terra.com.br> on 2004/08/06 16:19:16 UTC

[users@httpd] http://login:senha@website.com/ does not works longer?

Hi guys, i´m developing an aplication that uses .htaccess.

But i have noted that newer I.E blocks http://login:senha@website.com/ access...
Anyone knows how can I grant access on protected directories by .htaccess, sending a header or anything that works like http://login:senha@website.com/

I don´t want to use realms (pop-up).

Sorry for my english, and thanks in advanced.

Re: [users@httpd] http://login:senha@website.com/ does not works longer?

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 14:55:00 -0300, Tiago <ti...@terra.com.br> wrote:
> Could I be succesfull to protect .WMV files using session, cookies or http
> basic auth to grant access?
> I´m looking for ways to authenticate, but i don´t found any material with
> concrete examples with a integration of htaccess + php.
>
> Actually, i have protected "pages" with session +mysql techniques, but using
> ..htaccess not.

HTTP basic auth is what you were already using; it prompts for a
userid and password, which you don't seem to want.

Assuming you already know how to do sessions, one technique you can
use is to make all your requests go through a php page, and then
generate an internal redirect to the wmv file by outputing a
"Location: /path/to/file.wmv" http response header.  I've never tried
this myself in php, but it should work.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] http://login:senha@website.com/ does not works longer?

Posted by Tiago <ti...@terra.com.br>.
Could I be succesfull to protect .WMV files using session, cookies or http
basic auth to grant access?
I´m looking for ways to authenticate, but i don´t found any material with
concrete examples with a integration of htaccess + php.

Actually, i have protected "pages" with session +mysql techniques, but using
.htaccess not.

Sorry for my english.
Thanks

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.