Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org> on 2020/06/23 00:10:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite Avatica 1.17.0 released

The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Calcite Avatica 1.17.0.

Avatica is a framework for building database drivers. Avatica defines a
wire API and serialization mechanism for clients to communicate with a
server as a proxy to a database. The reference Avatica client and server
are implemented in Java and communicate over HTTP. Avatica is a
sub-project of Apache Calcite

Apache Calcite Avatica 1.17.0 is a small routine release that includes a
few dependency updates and bug fixes. Of particular note is a fix to
resolve a multilingual decoding issue that parses Chinese characters as
gibberish. This release has also been tested with JDK 14 and Guava 29.
For a full list of changes, please see the release notes:

   https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/docs/history.html#v1-17-0

The release is available here:

   https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/downloads/avatica.html

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to report
problems and get involved, visit the project website at:

    https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/

or the Apache Calcite project website:

    https://calcite.apache.org/

Thanks to everyone involved!

Francis Chuang, on behalf of the Apache Calcite team.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite Avatica 1.17.0 released

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks Francis!

Posted by Danny Chan <da...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the work, Francis~