Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Yoshimo <yo...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2018/12/04 07:59:42 UTC

Kafka component Spring boot auto configuration

Hello Camel users,

I am trying to auto configure the Kafka component using spring boot, but the configuration is not working. More specifically I am following this page:

https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-kafka/src/main/docs/kafka-component.adoc

and I am trying to set this configuration in my yaml file:
camel.component.kafka.configuration.value-deserializer

However the default deserializer is used when I consume from the Kafka topic. If I specify the deserializer in the Kafka route then it works as expected. Also I have defined the configuration camel.springboot.name in my yaml file and I can see that it is picked up normally. Are there any configurations that enable this functionality and I am missing?

Thank you,
Yiannis

Re: Kafka component Spring boot auto configuration

Posted by Yoshimo <yo...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Hello Claus,

thank you for looking into this.
Camel: 2.23.0
Kafka: 2.0.0
SB: 2.1.0.RELEASE

I am also attaching my pom if you want to have a look.

Thank you,
Yiannis

Posted by Yoshimo <yo...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Indeed, I added it and it works! Thank you very much!

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.
I think you only need to add camel-kafka-starter as a dependency to
make it working.
Every component has a related starter that does the spring-boot magic

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Posted by Yoshimo <yo...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Yoshimo <yo...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.