Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/09/19 03:00:49 UTC

Re: M5 - 24hr notice of branch - switched

>> In the future, could we drop "QA"?  You know, make it just the
>> "1.0-M6" branch.  Again, more important once we have release we're
>> committed to maintain instead of replace, but I think the "QA" in
>> the name contributes to the confusion over whether it should be
>> deleted or not after the target release.
>>

> I also like the idea of droping the QA designation in the branch
> name.  I think that this is what was cause for confusion about the
> M4 branch.

Done.  Renamed it to 1.0-M5.

If anyone checked out 1.0-M5-QA in the two hours since I created the
copy, just run this:

   svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/branches/1.0-M5

That will make your local copy resolve to the URL above.

In fact, that will work if you want to switch your copy of trunk to
the 1.0-M5 area and keep working.

-David