Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Paul Craton <CR...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/07/04 10:53:18 UTC

Failover of a JMS queue in Geronimo

Does anyone know if there is a way inside Geronimo to handle the failover
of the JMS Queue ?

I have a feeling the current answer is no but I was wondering if there were
any plans to introduce this support in later releases?

Any docs/additional information would be useful.

Thx

Paul Craton

Re: Failover of a JMS queue in Geronimo

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Geronimo currently uses ActiveMQ 3.x, so anything you can configure
there can be used by Geronimo.  It would be possible, for example, to
set up an ActiveMQ cluster and point Geronimo at that rather than
using the embedded ActiveMQ broker in the Geronimo server.  We're
currently working on ActiveMQ 4.x integration, which offers still more
robust clustering/fail-over support.

Can you explain a bit more about what you're looking for?  Do you want
to just have a list of brokers so if Geronimo can't dispatch a message
to the first in the list it tries the second?  Or do you want Geronimo
to send every message to two brokers so if one fails the other can
take over?  Or something else?

Thanks,
    Aaron