Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Bill Schneider <bs...@vecna.com> on 2002/02/08 21:09:04 UTC

torque: JDBC 2.0 datasource

Is anyone working on making Torque grab connections from a JDBC 2.0
DataSource already defined and available through JNDI resource lookup,
in addition to its own ConnectionPool?

It might be useful if you could have a Torque.properties file that
looked something like this

torque.database.default=dbname
torque.database.dbname.resource=jdbc/MyDatabase

where

new InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/MyDatabase") returns a
javax.sql.DataSource

-- Bill

Re: torque: JDBC 2.0 datasource

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Yes, there is a branch JDBC2POOL_BRANCH devoted to that purpose.  It is
in a working state as I remember it, but have not had a chance to look
at it for a couple weeks.  The is code in Torque that can be used to
deploy a connection pool into JNDI as well as just use one that has been
deployed outside of torque.

john mcnally