Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by mc...@ct.astro.it on 2004/11/08 12:33:32 UTC

windows client questions

It is the first time I use axis c++, I am trying to develop a simple client
to use the vizier and google services
(http://cdsws.u-strasbg.fr/axis/services/VizieR
 http://api.google.com/search/beta2)

I have some questions:

1) Can I use axis c++ to connect to any services or only to services
   developed with axis?
2) where does axiscpp.conf have to be located? On the client or the server
   host?
3) if axiscpp.conf is located on the server side how can I know the path
   to this file?
4) if axiscpp.conf is located on the client side what do I have to write
   in it to use the above two services with my client?

Thank you in advance,

Marco

Re: windows client questions

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi John,

Most of these details are available in windows installation guide, and
windows user guide, if you look carefully. But yes I agree, that may be
we have to explain those in more detail and more specificaly in those
docs.

However it is not specified in any of the docs, of how to Configure only
the Axis Client. I think we need to include that in docs.

Rgds,
Roshan

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi Damitha,

> [...]

> >> Thanks,
> >> Samisa...

> >> On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 17:33, mcomp@ct.astro.it wrote:
> >> It is the first time I use axis c++, I am trying to develop a simple
> >> client
> >> to use the vizier and google services
> >> (http://cdsws.u-strasbg.fr/axis/services/VizieR
> >>  http://api.google.com/search/beta2)
> >>
> >> I have some questions:
> >>
> >> 1) Can I use axis c++ to connect to any services or only to services
> >>    developed with axis?
> >> 2) where does axiscpp.conf have to be located? On the client or the
> >> server
> >>    host?
> >> 3) if axiscpp.conf is located on the server side how can I know the path
> >>    to this file?
> >> 4) if axiscpp.conf is located on the client side what do I have to write
> >>    in it to use the above two services with my client?

Posted by da...@opensource.lk.
Hi Roshan,

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi,

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi,

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
> >> path

>>> Usually for both client and server, on Windows, it has to be placed in
>>> the folder pointed by
>>> %AXISCPP_DEPLOY% environment variable.

>> Isn't this the case on Linux as well ?
> yes it is.