Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by JohnBrown <mi...@softasap.net> on 2007/10/04 21:13:54 UTC

Tracking Code

Hi Guys,

1) Is there any built-in way to get tracking code auto appended to urls
while visitor is browsing different sections of the site? Let us assume
visitor has landed to home page of ecommerce by url like
http://site.com:8080/ecommerce/control/main?atc=track01 and it is logged
like a visit in ofbiz admin. But once visitor goes to the other link,
tracking code is no longer there and those further page clicks are not
tracked.

2) Basically, what I am trying to achieve is a way to track visitor during
the whole session working with website ( from the first landing until order
completion) and even beyond that ( like storing this tracking code in
cookies instead of URLs) for returning visitors. So, the next day or week,
when visitor opens the site again he is recognized by his tracking code and
when he creates order this time, then order is tracked by that number he
landed with, a week or day ago. And moreover, he is recognized by that
tracking code all the way down unless he opens the url with the different
value of "atc" param ("atc=track02"). Then an old tracking code gets
overriden with the new one.

Any hints here if ofbiz has something already done in this regard? Thanks in
advance.

Re: Tracking Code

Posted by "Scott." <Sc...@anglolimited.com>.
I'm also searching for a solution similar to this. Does anyone have any
pointers please?