Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Lars George <la...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/14 08:27:06 UTC

Service-level AuthZ

Hi,

We have SLAs, implementing the Hadoop classes, in HBase that allow to
grant or revoke global access to RPC services. What we do _not_ have
is the matching `refreshServiceAcl` method, including the wiring into
the shell script to trigger it. Is there a reason why? Should we not
have the same to be able to refresh at runtime?

We could also use our existing `updateConfiguration()` for that,
assuming there is no specific reason to have it separate. If we use
our existing call, it should be simple to add.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Lars