Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Krishna Kalyan <kr...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/18 09:16:55 UTC

Contributing to PySpark

Hello,
I am a masters student. Could someone please let me know how set up my dev
working environment to contribute to pyspark.
Questions I had were:
a) Should I use Intellij Idea or PyCharm?.
b) How do I test my changes?.

Regards,
Krishna

Re: Contributing to PySpark

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your interest contributing to PySpark! I don't personally use
either of those IDEs so I'll leave that part for someone else to answer -
but in general you can find the building spark documentation at
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/building-spark.html which includes
notes on how to run the Python tests as well. You will also probably want
to check out the contributing to Spark guide at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Contributing+to+Spark.

Cheers,

Holden :)

--