Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/08/31 14:39:47 UTC

[m2] Re: Using tomcat plugin with maven 2.0-alpha-3?

If we're talking about the same plugin, I've had some success
modifying it. I built it with the following POM where I just changed
the betas to alphas

<project
         xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://
maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
         <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
         <artifactId>maven-tomcat-plugin</artifactId>
         <packaging>maven-plugin</packaging>
         <version>2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>

         <name>Maven Tomcat Plugin</name>

         <developers>
                 <developer>
                         <name>Mark Hobson</name>
                         <email>markhobson@gmail.com</email>
                         <roles>
                                 <role>Lead Developer</role>
                         </roles>
                         <timezone>0</timezone>
                 </developer>
         </developers>

         <dependencies>
                 <dependency>
                         <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
                         <artifactId>maven-plugin-api</artifactId>
                         <version>2.0-alpha-3</version>
                 </dependency>
                 <dependency>
                         <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
                         <artifactId>maven-project</artifactId>
                         <version>2.0-alpha-3</version>
                 </dependency>
                 <dependency>
                         <groupId>commons-codec</groupId>
                         <artifactId>commons-codec</artifactId>
                         <version>1.3</version>
                 </dependency>
         </dependencies>

</project>

Re: [m2] Re: Using tomcat plugin with maven 2.0-alpha-3?

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

On 31 Aug 2005, at 13:14, Ralph Pöllath wrote:
> Is it currently possible to use the tomcat plugin [1] with maven
> 2.0-alpha-3? I understand it's work in progress, but I'd like to
> start playing with it if possible.

It should be - I don't believe it relies on any m2 beta features, but
haven't had the time to try.

> I grabbed the source from svn, changed the version numbers of its
> parent and dependencies to those available on repo1, built and
> installed it in my local repository. Now when I try to run it,
> maven starts looking for the latest version in repo1 and of course
> won't find any (since the tomcat plugin hasn't been released yet).

That should be enough to run under alpha-3 - did you install the
plugin with "m2 -DupdateReleaseInfo=true install"?  What error are you
getting exactly?

Cheers,

Mark