Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by tt...@csc.com.au on 2002/11/25 05:21:02 UTC

Attachments help

Hi,
      Can anyone help me ... I have created a set of stubs and skeletons
from a WSDL file, which I have successflly called from a VB Client. In
these services, I have an operation which takes a string message along with
attachments. The method that was generated is:
                         public java.lang.String
processMsgAttachments(java.lang.String sXMLrq) throws
java.rmi.RemoteException {
                        }

I have set attachments in the SOAP message along with a dummy string from
my VB Client and when a call is made to the AXIS SOAP server, the string is
passed to the above method. However, I cannot get the attachments as it is
not passed into that method. I have modified the AxisServlet.java, and can
actually get the attachment before the AxisEngine is invoked. But I prefer
not to modify this class. Does anyone know how to get the attachments at
the point where the set of stubs and skeletons are executed?

Any help is much appreciated.

P.S I have also modified the WSDL to get an operation that takes in two
parts, the String and a object.
                         public java.lang.String
processMsgAttachments(java.lang.String sXMLrq, java.lang.Object attachments
) throws java.rmi.RemoteException {
                        }

However there is a type incompatibility between MS SOAP and AXIS when I
passed in the OBJECT as a MSSOAPLib30.SentAttachments30 type. This seems to
be the case with any non basic types.

Kind Regards,

Tung