Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/06/19 16:48:07 UTC

RE: omegacms

	If you're on UNIX, add it to TOMCAT_HOME/classes, if you're on NT
you'll need to modify the tomcat.bat file so that Tomcat adds this directory
to its automatically built classpath.  Another option it to add the
conf.properties to the CLASSPATH environment variable.

	In either case, there are some ways that you can request resources
that cause the wrong class loader to be used, which it seems is happening
here.  Since its closed source, there really is no way around this.

	Randy

Re: omegacms, thanks and a new problem: compile errors

Posted by Vinny <vi...@xaymaca.com>.
Figured it out, this statement needed a semicolon to work.
Thanks all.

Problem Installing Tomcat

Posted by Derek Pitts <de...@mail.chem.tamu.edu>.
Hi,

I am having trouble getting Tomcat 3.2.2 working correctly.
I have tried to install it on two Red Hat Linux 7.0
computers and neither one will function correctly.  I have
tried both the rpm and the binary file and I cant seem to
get it to work right.  When I run the

startup.sh or the tomcat.sh start  scripts I get this error
message

Using classpath: var/tomcat/lib/*
[root@danna bin]# SIGSEGV   11*  segmentation violation
	stackbase=(nil), stackpointer=(nil)

Full thread dump:
    NULL (TID:0x4059d0b0, sys_thread_t:0x8083dd8, state:R)
prio=5 *current thread*
	java.lang.System.nullInputStream(System.java)
	java.lang.System.<clinit>(System.java)
	java.lang.String.getChars(String.java)
	java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java)
	java.lang.StringBuffer.<init>(StringBuffer.java)
	java.lang.Thread.<init>(Thread.java)
Monitor Cache Dump:
    java.lang.Class@1079627864/1079893136: owner NULL
(0x8083dd8, 1 entry)
    java.lang.StringBuffer@1079628136/1079893024: owner NULL
(0x8083dd8, 1 entry)
Registered Monitor Dump:
    Thread queue lock: <unowned>
    Name and type hash table lock: <unowned>
    String intern lock: <unowned>
    JNI pinning lock: <unowned>
    JNI global reference lock: <unowned>
    BinClass lock: <unowned>
    Class loading lock: <unowned>
    Java stack lock: <unowned>
    Code rewrite lock: <unowned>
    Heap lock: <unowned>
    Has finalization queue lock: <unowned>
    Finalize me queue lock: <unowned>
    Dynamic loading lock: owner NULL (0x8083dd8, 1 entry)
    Monitor IO lock: <unowned>
    Child death monitor: <unowned>
    Event monitor: <unowned>
    I/O monitor: <unowned>
    Alarm monitor: <unowned>
    Monitor registry: owner NULL (0x8083dd8, 1 entry)
Thread Alarm Q:

I am fairly certain that this should not happen when I start
tomcat.  help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Derek Pitts

Re: omegacms, thanks and a new problem: compile errors

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
Hi Vinny,

The "<%=" opening jsp tag is for single expression evaluation, while the
"<%" is for scriptlets. So, you could do this two ways:

<% out.print("!"); %>

or

As you've seen, the "<%=" wraps whatever's inside it in an "out.print()"
statement -- so you're own "out.print()" is redundant in this case.

--jeff

Posted by Vinny <vi...@xaymaca.com>.