Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Harrison, Robert" <ro...@numeta.com> on 2001/04/17 16:56:57 UTC

UN-SUBSCRIBE ME

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim O'Neil [mailto:tim@xythos.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 3:02 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: AddModule mod_jk.c

At 05:46 PM 4/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>No, you can't just rename DLL files.  Windows stores a "library" name
>inside the DLL, and it gets bothered if the current DLL name doesn't
match
>the name stored inside the DLL.  mod_jk.so works as a DLL because it
was
>built as mod_jk.so.  So a more exact wording of my statement below is
>"Windows doesn't require DLLs to have a .dll extension, but you must
>decide what name you want your DLL to have and stick with it."

As of windows 2k the os keeps a "double secret" registry
of system files using a hash code of the contents as well
as a digital signature that includes the version info, so
I'm not so sure that simply renaming the library is enough
to freak it out but I don't see the value in re-naming things
unnecessarily. I use mod_jk and I didn't have to re-name the
thing.