Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Lars George <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/26 11:10:01 UTC

Shell History

Hi,

I have this issue as of late that my shell history is not saved
anymore. I have old commands there, and the history file has exactly
100 lines as specified in the .irbrc

$ cat ~/.irbrc
require 'irb/ext/save-history'
ARGV.concat [ "--readline", "--prompt-mode", "simple" ]
IRB.conf[:SAVE_HISTORY] = 100
IRB.conf[:HISTORY_FILE] = "#{ENV['HOME']}/.irb-save-history"

(I added the --readline line in an attempt to fix the issue, but to no avail)

Did anyone else have this issue? Just wondering if that is a Ruby,
JRuby, or hirb issue.

Lars

Re: Shell History

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
Reading your original post again I see it might be a different issue after
all.

IIRC, my problem wasn't that commands weren't being saved, but that they
weren't getting reloaded after I restarted my shell.

Re: Shell History

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bill,

Re: Shell History