Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2014/06/24 12:24:46 UTC

Task "Rules"

Hi all,

What are the new task "rules" that have been added to trunk? When I create
a new synchronization task with the default "Matching/Update"
"Unmatching/Assign", it appears that the selected LDAPPasswordSyncActions
class is not run.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Task "Rules"

Posted by andrea patricelli <an...@tirasa.net>.
Il 24/06/2014 12:24, Colm O hEigeartaigh ha scritto:
> Hi all,
Hi Colm,
> What are the new task "rules" that have been added to trunk? When I create
> a new synchronization task with the default "Matching/Update"
> "Unmatching/Assign", it appears that the selected LDAPPasswordSyncActions
> class is not run.
I created a new sync task with LDAPPasswordSyncActions class assigned
and default Matching/Unmatching rules, very similar to LDAP Sync Task.
Then I ran this test task and, debugging, I noticed that after() method
of LDAPPasswordSyncActions class is ever executed (create, update);
beforeCreate() method instead, when creating new user/role instance on
Syncope, is never used due to the fact that SyncopeSyncResultHandler
never calls:

protected List<SyncResult> create(final SyncDelta delta, final
AttributableUtil attrUtil, final boolean dryRun).

that calls beforeCreate() for each sync action available.

So I think that class LDAPPasswordSyncActions is run, and there's
another problem.
But maybe I'm missing something, I'll investigate deeper today.
> Colm.

Best Regards,
Andrea

--
Dott. Andrea Patricelli
Tel +393204524292

Junior Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +390859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Re: Task "Rules"

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Cool, thanks! It's working fine now.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Task "Rules"

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il 25/06/2014 11:06, andrea patricelli ha scritto:
> Il 25/06/2014 08:28, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>> it seems that this problem - probably related to SYNCOPE-473 - is
>> blocking the finalization of SYNCOPE-505: Fabio, Andrea, who is going
>> to take a look at what is happening?
>>

> Hi Colm,
>
> I worked on this issue.
> You and Francesco were right, the problem was in Sync Task Unmatching
> rule default value set in console SyncTaskModalPage. In order to make
> LDAPPasswordSyncActions working fine as you expected, sync task needs
> to have Unmatching rule set to PROVISION (and not to ASSIGN that is
> Push Task default Unmatching rule value).
Hi All, please note that action's before method set has been changed a lot.

Currently, available options are:
* beforeCreate
executed before local user/group create in case of unmatching solved
with PROVISION rule (default rule)

* beforeAssign
executed before assigning (create + link) the synchronized resource to a
local user/group in case of unmatching solved with ASSIGN rule

* beforeUnassign
executed before unassigning (unlink + deprovision) the synchronized
resource from a local user/group in case of matching solved with
UNASSIGN rule

* beforeDeprovision
executed before deprovisioning (deprovision without unlink) the matching
user/group from the synchronized resource in case of matching solved
with DEPROVISION rule

* beforeUnlink
executed before unlinking  (unlink without deprovision or update)
thematching  user/group from the synchronized resource in case of
matching solved with UNLINK rule

* beforeLink
executed before linking  (link without update) thematching user/group
from the synchronized resource in case of matching solved with LINK rule

* beforeUpdate
executed before updating the matching  user/group in case of matching
solved with UPDATE rule (default rule)

* beforeDelete
executed before deleting a local user/group matching the synchronized
removed identity

Best regards,
F.

--