Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <vi...@auge.com.br> on 2004/10/07 14:08:11 UTC

Agregating form beans

I was wondering. Is it possible for a form bean to have a field that
would be another form bean? I have a form, that depending on the user
selection on the previous screen, it would generate n number of  small
forms in order for him to fill it up. So I was wondering to have
something like this:

public class BaseForm extends ValidatorForm{

private String userName;
private Integer userCode;
private Collection projectForm // that's my agregation of project forms

}

public class ProjectForm extends ValidatorForm{

private String projectName;
private TimeStamp dueDate;
 }

Is it possible, or creating arrays of those properties would be a better
solution? Also, does BeanUtils transverse the object graph to copy it to
a DTO?

Thanks all

Vinicius