Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Marcel Dullaart <md...@epo.org> on 2004/04/21 10:53:21 UTC

Request Parameter names restricted?

Hi,

I have the impression that names used to identify request parameters are
restricted.
I used a package name as the key for a request parameter, and got the
following exception when trying to retrieve a request parameter:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "epoline"
        at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:574)
        at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortalControlParameter.decodeRenderParamValues(PortalControlParameter.java:74)
        at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortalControlParameter.getRenderParamValues(PortalControlParameter.java:292)
        at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.servlet.ServletRequestImpl.getParameterMap(ServletRequestImpl.java:71)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletRequestImpl.getParameter(PortletRequestImpl.java:315)
<Snip>

After I removed the dots in the paremeter name, it all worked like a
charm.

In my opinion using dots in request parameters should work fine, or am I
wrong on this?

Regards,
Marcel

Re: Request Parameter names restricted?

Posted by Marcel Dullaart <md...@epo.org>.
Hi Michael,

Thanx for your response.

In processAction you can try something like:

response.setRenderParameter("org.myorganisation.portlets.test.NextState",
"org.myorganisation.portlets.test.SecondState");

If you set the parameter using the above name, btw the value is not the
problem, there's no problem, but retrieving the parameter during the
render phase gives the exception.

PS,
I think I solved the problem and sent the solution to the pluto-dev list,
it can be found
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=pluto-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=1523.
I do not know if this solution is correct, but in my situation it works.

Thanx

Marcel

Posted by Michael Blum <bl...@apache.org>.