Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yu Jie <we...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/31 04:36:59 UTC

Questions about Axis support

Hi all,
    I'm doing a investigating on Apache Axis. I have
some questions about Axis, could you help me.

1. Can it running well on linux kernel 2.6?
2. Is it support UDDI?
3. Is it J2EE compatibility?(Axis cpp and Axis java)

Thanks & Regards
Yu Jie

Re: Questions about Axis support

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
1. It runs on Linux kernel 2.6.

2. This question doesn't make sense. Axis does not include a UDDI
implementation. A UDDI implementation is a web service. You can use
Axis to implement a UDDI service (jUDDI is implemented using Axis).
You can also use Axis to implement a UDDI client API (UDDI4J is
implemented using Axis). At least one person on this list is
attempting to build a UDDI v3 client API using Axis. If you need an
open source UDDI implementation, I suggest you look at jUDDI.

3. Axis Java v1.2 will be J2EE compatible.

Anne

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
We do support UDDI enquire v2; We've had limited testing - Nobody has
tested v3

Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>
31/03/2005 04:32
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Questions about Axis support

> 1. Can it running well on linux kernel 2.6?
Yes

> 2. Is it support UDDI?
No

> 3. Is it J2EE compatibility?(Axis cpp and Axis java)
Axis C++ clients can interoperate with Java services

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
> 1. Can it running well on linux kernel 2.6?
Yes

> 2. Is it support UDDI?
No