Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2009/12/02 17:44:09 UTC

Problems starting

Since the recent set of releases in Sling I am unable to get a system
based on Sling to start.
We were building a standalone server based on the launchpad bundles,
base and app. In general the current snapshot version of those.
However since we have a modified server bundle which I haven't
upgraded to 1.6 at the moment, I am now building the bundles locally
using the 2.1.0 base jar and app.

First off, I get 108 out of 108 bundles active.

http://localhost:8080/ responds with a 503, no repository
I can get to http://localhost:8080/system/console/bundles (108 active
bundles)
When I go to http://localhost:8080/system/console/components I get 174
components but a lot have unsatisfied dependencies.

All lead back to the SlingRepository

The org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server.SlingServerRepository
component is fully active and I believe the SlingServerRepository
implements a SlingRepository as a Factory.

2 things.
I see the repository pinger  doing

02.12.2009 16:14:56.324 *INFO* [Repository Pinger]
org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server Using configuration file /Users/
ieb/timefields/open-experiments/slingtests/osgikernel/sling/jackrabbit/
repository.xml
02.12.2009 16:14:56.325 *ERROR* [Repository Pinger]
org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server startRepository: Uncaught
Throwable trying to access Repository, calling stopRepository()
(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jackrabbit/core/config/
RepositoryConfig) java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/
jackrabbit/core/config/RepositoryConfig
	at
org
.apache
.sling
.jcr
.jackrabbit
.server
.impl
.SlingServerRepository.acquireRepository(SlingServerRepository.java:118)
	at
org
.apache
.sling
.jcr
.base
.AbstractSlingRepository.startRepository(AbstractSlingRepository.java:
805)
	at
org
.apache
.sling
.jcr.base.AbstractSlingRepository.run(AbstractSlingRepository.java:935)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Any ideas, pointers ?

Is this a classloader thing (I have 3.0.0 of the base jcr classloader
and 1.1.0 of the commons classloader)

Thanks
Ian

Re: Problems starting

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
On 2 Dec 2009, at 16:53, Ruben Reusser wrote:

> not sure if this helps, but I had to change the name of the
> standalone jar file (drop the version number) in order to get the
> standalone version running.

Thanks for the pointer, but unfortunately not, this is a custom
packaging of the standalone jar that has been working for several
months, except when I manage to break it elsewhere. I have never been
unable to get the repository started.

Ian

Re: Problems starting

Posted by Ruben Reusser <rr...@headwire.com>.
not sure if this helps, but I had to change the name of the standalone
jar file (drop the version number) in order to get the standalone
version running.

Ruben

Re: Problems starting

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
On 2 Dec 2009, at 17:32, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On 2 Dec 2009, at 17:15, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>> ... In the current jackrabbit-server bundle, that RepositoryConfig
>>> class
>>> is provided by the jackrabbit-core-1.6.0.jar, embedded in the bundle
>>> via an Embed-Dependency option in the bundle's pom.xml
>>>
>>> Maybe your custom bundle is missing that?
>>
>> Does that mean that I have to upgrade my custom server bundle to
>> 1.6 ?
>
> AFAIK the only requirement is that your server bundle provides a
> SlingRepository service to the other bundles.
>
>> ...My server bundle is currently based on 1.5 and so has the 1.5
>> repository
>> core....
>
> Maybe it's importing too many packages and getting mixed up with some
> 1.6 things from somewhere?

Ahh Ok, I think I know what's happening, the SNAPSHOT version of the
Server bundle moved to 1.6,
I build my version of the server by repackaging the 2.0.5-SNAPSHOT
version of the server bundle with a hard coded MANIFEST.MF which
doesnt list 1.6 deps so the bundle starts but fails to import
(NoClassDefError).

Since there is no 1.5 bound release of the server bundle looks like I
am going to have to upgrade to 1.6.

> I would check that bundle's imports in the OSGi console, and compare
> with launchpad/app.
>
>> ...Was there a release of the the versions that the snapshots were
>> targeting
>> before this change was made?
>> I cant find one that works, except for local builds at r884645...
>
> You mean before the change to 1.6? I'm not sure but I don't think so.

:(

Should we be doing releases before major version changes?

Ian

Re: Problems starting

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems starting