Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nenad Bosanac <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/20 15:56:36 UTC

Problems with UTF-8 and JSP

I have problem with UTF-8 character set.
I use MySQL 5 and Tomcat 5.5.9.I use NetBeans for
programinnig
in Java.
I made one database and is in UTF8,also all my JSP
pages are set to
UTF8 encoding,and also all HTML are set to UTF8.
When i put š,&#273;,&#269;,&#263;,ž character date in
database directly from MySQL Query tool and
and display that data in jsp pages i see all character
ok, but
when i use jsp pages to insert &#269;,&#273;,ž,&#263;
character and want to display them
i got some strange characters.
Also i put my IE browser to UNICODE UTF8 encoding.
How can i see correct š,&#263;,&#273;,ž,&#269; in my
browser correct?
Thanks

Re: Problems with UTF-8 and JSP

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Nenad Bosanac wrote:
> I have problem with UTF-8 character set.
> I use MySQL 5 and Tomcat 5.5.9.I use NetBeans for
> programinnig
> in Java.
> I made one database and is in UTF8,also all my JSP
> pages are set to
> UTF8 encoding,and also all HTML are set to UTF8.
> When i put š,&#273;,&#269;,&#263;,ž character date in
> database directly from MySQL Query tool and
> and display that data in jsp pages i see all character
> ok, but
> when i use jsp pages to insert &#269;,&#273;,ž,&#263;
> character and want to display them
> i got some strange characters.
> Also i put my IE browser to UNICODE UTF8 encoding.
> How can i see correct š,&#263;,&#273;,ž,&#269; in my
> browser correct?
> Thanks

At a guess you need to look at the URIEncoding attribute on the connector.

Mark