Posted to user@struts.apache.org by temp temp <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/21 20:15:07 UTC

[eclipse] is it possible to debug jsp in eclipse ?

 Is there any free jsp debugger plugin for eclipse  ?
miro

---------------------------------

Re: [eclipse] is it possible to debug jsp in eclipse ?

Posted by hardik_982 <ha...@yahoo.com>.
there is one another filter called spark plugin for eclipse
i dont know it is useful or not
just googling that

Re: [eclipse] is it possible to debug jsp in eclipse ?

Posted by ravi_eze <ra...@ivycomptech.com>.
yes! its possible... but of very very less use.. 'cos u cannot see the
context variables and the varibles in the expressions... the control just
stops there at the break point.. the best way is to download the eclipse
Europa version: this has all web, javascript etc... componetns already
installed.

if its remote tomcat application then: you need to configure the java
application @ window > preferences > java application/ remote java
application .. give respective debug port over which the tomcat would
listen,.,..

in catelina.bat give the following entries:JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xmx512m
-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n" ..
best to the end of the file (So the debug port would be 8000 in this case)

hope this helps.. if not let me know.. shall help u out..

cheers,
ravi

Re: [OT] Re: [eclipse] is it possible to debug jsp in eclipse ?

Posted by bhaarat Sharma <bh...@gmail.com>.
so does Netbeans but apparently it doesnt work when you create a \'web
project with existing sources\'

Or I just have missed some configuration.

x2 on the forum recommendation.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.