Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Srinivas, Rajesh" <ra...@terayon.com> on 2000/12/20 21:35:15 UTC

error while trying to create mod_jk for tomcat3.2

hi,
  I am new to unix and i am trying to create mok_jk.so. i am getting the
following errors when i execute the following command,

apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java1.2/include
-I/usr/java1.2/include/solaris -c *.c ../jk/*.c

apxs:Error: Sorry, no DSO support for Apache available
apxs:Error: under your platform. Make sure the Apache
apxs:Error: module mod_so is compiled into your server
apxs:Error: binary `/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd'.

I have installed ActivePerl5.6 as well as Apache1.3.

thanks in advance,
Rajesh

Re: error while trying to create mod_jk for tomcat3.2

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.
Hello:

Take a look at my install notes at:
http://www.jammconsulting.com/InstallNotes/InstallTomcat3_2.txt

It describes how I was able to get Apache 1.3.14 and Tomcat 3.2.1
installed on my server.

I hope this helps.

	Neil.

--