Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by BERTIN Matthieu <M....@oberthur.com> on 2010/12/01 16:36:09 UTC

Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

Hello,

I've been trying to run the maven JSF Components archetype for JSF 1.2
on Tomcat 6.0, created this way:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://myfaces.apache.org

(choice nbr. 6)

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find why the EL expressions are not
evaluated.
For instance, I can read this on the home.jsp:

My JSF Components Library(Version #{buildInfo['mycomponents_version']},
using #{buildInfo ['jsf_implementation']})

Or even

#{sayHelloBean.oddNumber} as the default value in a field.

The logs in tomcat show no missing jar at deployment, only a
facesexceptions when it tries to bind a method to an actionlistener
attribute.

My guess is there is something missing in the following web.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
         version="2.4">

  <description>debug web.xml</description>

  <context-param>
    <description>Comma separated list of URIs of (additional) faces
config files.
            (e.g. /WEB-INF/my-config.xml)
            See JSF 1.0 PRD2, 10.3.2
            Attention: You do not need to put /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
in here.
    </description>
    <param-name>javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES</param-name>
    <param-value>/WEB-INF/examples-config.xml</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <context-param>
    <description>State saving method: "client" or "server" (= default)
            See JSF Specification 2.5.3</description>
    <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
    <param-value>server</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <servlet>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener<
/listener-class>
  </listener>

</web-app>

Sincerely,

Matthieu Bertin

Re: RE : RE : Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthieu,

You're welcome!

For the other problems please open an issue in our issue-tracker at
[1]. Just click on "create new issue" and choose "MyFaces core" as
project and "Archetype" as component.

Furthermore you can provide patches (svn diff files) for the problems
you're having on the issue entry in the issue-tracker via "upload
file". Having a good patch for an issue means that it will be solved
soon. Without a patch it may take a while until somebody has time for
it..

The source code for the archetypes is at [2].

Regards,
Jakob

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-build-tools/trunk/maven2-archetypes/

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

RE : RE : Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

Posted by BERTIN Matthieu <M....@oberthur.com>.
And that does work! Thanks a lot, this helped a lot. I hope I'll be able to give this back some time !

Sincerely,

Matthieu Bertin
-Office 168
-Phone 5407

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

RE : RE : Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: RE : Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: RE : Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: RE : Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

RE : RE : Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

Posted by BERTIN Matthieu <M....@oberthur.com>.
I think i may stepped on another problem. I thought it might be a problem of language version, so I modified the home.jsp like this:

<h:outputText value=" (Version ${buildInfo['mycomponents_version']}, using #{buildInfo ['jsf_implementation']})"/>

Instead of

<h:outputText value=" (Version #{buildInfo['mycomponents_version']}, using #{buildInfo ['jsf_implementation']})"/>

the change from # to $ provoked an error I could translate into:
According to the TLD, the value attribute accepts no expression.

Sincerely,

Matthieu Bertin
-Office 168
-Phone 5407

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

RE : Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: Unable to run the jsf-components maven archetype

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthieu,

--
Jakob Korherr