Posted to users@camel.apache.org by nw31304 <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/05 01:50:00 UTC

Spring-defined routes in akka-camel 2.2.1

I'm trying to use the akka-camel support to consume from a Camel endpoint
from an akka 2.2.1 Actor.  However, I'd like to define the endpoint as
belonging to a routes in a CamelContext defined in a Spring XML file.
Something roughly like:  and then receive it in an actor, like so:This fails
spectacularly, as there are two contexts created:  one by Akka as part of
the Consumer trait, the other as a result of the camelContext contained in
the XML file.  And each has a distinct seda component within. I've read
https://weblogs.java.net/blog/manningpubs/archive/2013/02/13/akka-and-camel
<https://weblogs.java.net/blog/manningpubs/archive/2013/02/13/akka-and-camel>
and attempted to use the akka:camel-service bean and inject a CamelContext
defined in the same Spring file, but it seems Akka has removed the Spring
namespace handler in recent releases (see:  here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16948292/why-spring-integration-doc-for-akka-exists-only-for-1-3-1-but-not-for-next-versi>
).   I continue to use dependence injection using the IndirectActorProducer,
but it seems I can't create Akka's CamelService using Spring injection.  I
next tried to programmatically instruct akka to use my spring-defined
CamelContext via the CamelContextManager object, but it seems that object
has been removed as well -- at least it is no longer in the akka-camel
source for 2.2.1.So I'm out of ideas.  Can anyone offer any insight into how
to have an Akka 2.2 Actor consume from an endpoint that is configured within
a Spring XML file?Thanks in advance.

Re: Spring-defined routes in akka-camel 2.2.1

Posted by nw31304 <da...@gmail.com>.
The problem is described fully here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19306531/akka-camel-2-2-1-route-definition-using-spring-xml