Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rhuiser <ro...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/27 11:21:06 UTC

View message content in database table ACTIVEMQ_MSGS

Hi,

We are using a JDBC backend for ActiveMQ.

Is there tooling available for viewing the contents of messages in this
table?
If not, where can I find information to decode the messages?

Thanks -- Robin

Re: View message content in database table ACTIVEMQ_MSGS

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

there's no such tool. We use Openwire format (
http://activemq.apache.org/openwire.html) when storing messages, so it
shouldn't be too hard to decode them. take a look at some tests

https://github.com/apache/activemq/tree/trunk/activemq-unit-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/openwire

for more examples.

BTW. Is there any particular reason you want to browse the store and not
use broker browsing/management tools?

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac