Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mykel Alvis <my...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 17:12:04 UTC

Release Plugin scmCommentPrefix issues

When performing a release, I want to place an identifier into the release
tag commit message (in subversion, in my case).

Pasted directly from my command line running maven 2.0.9 with release plugin
2.0-beta-9:

$ mvn -B -DscmCommentPrefix="CM-524 "  release:prepare
constituent[0]: file:/opt/maven/lib/maven-2.0.9-uber.jar
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
        at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.setLength(AbstractStringBuilder.java:146)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.setLength(StringBuffer.java:154)
{rest removed}

Does the space in my scmCommentPrefix cause this?  I place the space there
to separate the id from the rest of the string.

Apparently whitespace is a problem, since
  mvn -B -DscmCommentPrefix="CM-524_"  release:prepare
works correctly.

I looked in Jira but none of the issues seemed to match my problem.
Apparently any whitespace within the string causes this issue.  Am I
supplying the string incorrectly somehow?

Thanks

Mykel

Re: Release Plugin scmCommentPrefix issues

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Mykel Alvis <my...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When performing a release, I want to place an identifier into the release
> tag commit message (in subversion, in my case).
>
> Pasted directly from my command line running maven 2.0.9 with release plugin
> 2.0-beta-9:
>
> $ mvn -B -DscmCommentPrefix="CM-524 "  release:prepare
> constituent[0]: file:/opt/maven/lib/maven-2.0.9-uber.jar
> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
>        at
> java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.setLength(AbstractStringBuilder.java:146)
>        at java.lang.StringBuffer.setLength(StringBuffer.java:154)
> {rest removed}
>
> Does the space in my scmCommentPrefix cause this?  I place the space there
> to separate the id from the rest of the string.
>
> Apparently whitespace is a problem, since
>  mvn -B -DscmCommentPrefix="CM-524_"  release:prepare
> works correctly.
>
> I looked in Jira but none of the issues seemed to match my problem.
> Apparently any whitespace within the string causes this issue.  Am I
> supplying the string incorrectly somehow?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mykel

This could be related to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2190

Maven does some magic to recover the command line parameters for
shells that do not support "$@" and this fails in some cases.

Henry