Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Saeid Sattari <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/11 12:12:52 UTC

WAL directory is full

Hi all,

I assigned a 100GB SSD disks to WAL on each node in my cluster. Recently, I
realized that some nodes replicated their cfiles to other nodes due to the
insufficient space. I found this flag--log_max_segments_to_retain
<https://kudu.apache.org/docs/configuration_reference.html#kudu-master_log_max_segments_to_retain>
that control the number of past logs to preserve but it is currently
unsupported. Do you have any idea or experience on solving this problem?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Saeid

Re: WAL directory is full

Posted by Saeid Sattari <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Sorry for the belated response. The version I am using is 1.6. I didn't
check with cluster ksck. Since it was a bit urgent I removed the
datanode from kudu cluster and after being sure that all missing tablets
are replicated I formatted the kudu file system and re-joined that node to
the cluster. Thank you anyway.

Regards,
Saeid

Re: WAL directory is full