Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dionisio Ruiz de Zarate <di...@tinieblas.com> on 2002/12/21 01:34:54 UTC

using the DBCP with postgresql

with the howto
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-ho
wto.html#Database%20Connection%20Pool%20(DBCP)%20Configurations) I have
configure tomcat for using the DBCP.
but now i must to use the DBCP from one class.

Can anybody send me one sample or say me how can i use?
i am trying to use this:

        try{
        Context initContext = new InitialContext();
        if(initContext==null) throw new Exception("BOOOOM .... no hay
contextoooo.....");
        }catch(Exception e){
        System.out.println("la excepcion en el context ini: ... " + e);
        }
        DataSource ds = (DataSource)initContext.lookup("jdbc/irudia");
        conn=ds.getConnection();

but appears this error:

utils/bd/irudia/IrudiaAccionesSQLPOOL.java [65:1] cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class DataSource
location: class utils.bd.irudia.IrudiaAccionesSQLPOOL
        DataSource ds = (DataSource)initContext.lookup("jdbc/irudia");
        ^
utils/bd/irudia/IrudiaAccionesSQLPOOL.java [65:1] cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class DataSource
location: class utils.bd.irudia.IrudiaAccionesSQLPOOL
        DataSource ds = (DataSource)initContext.lookup("jdbc/irudia");
                         ^
utils/bd/irudia/IrudiaAccionesSQLPOOL.java [65:1] cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable initContext
location: class utils.bd.irudia.IrudiaAccionesSQLPOOL
        DataSource ds = (DataSource)initContext.lookup("jdbc/irudia");

Can anybody help me for using the DBCP?
thanks