Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl> on 2016/01/17 13:49:30 UTC

Incorrect timeline for Scheduling Delay in Streaming page in web UI?

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how Scheduling Delays are displayed in
Streaming page in web UI and think the values are displayed
incorrectly in the Timelines column. I'm only concerned with the
scheduling delays (on y axis) per batch times (x axis). It appears
that the values (on y axis) are correct, but not how they are
displayed per batch times.

See the second screenshot in
https://jaceklaskowski.gitbooks.io/mastering-apache-spark/content/spark-streaming-webui.html#scheduling-delay.

Can anyone explain how the delays for batches per batch time should be
read? I'm specifically asking about the timeline (not histogram as it
seems fine).

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek

Jacek Laskowski | https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/
Mastering Apache Spark
==> https://jaceklaskowski.gitbooks.io/mastering-apache-spark/

Re: Incorrect timeline for Scheduling Delay in Streaming page in web UI?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi Ryan,

Ah, you might be right! I didn't think about the batches queued up
(and hence without scheduling delay since they're not started yet).
Thanks a lot for responding!

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek

Jacek Laskowski | https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/