Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Rosen <pa...@performantsoftware.com> on 2009/11/02 16:43:38 UTC

storing other files in index directory

Are there any pitfalls to storing an arbitrary text file in the same
directory as the solr index?

We're slinging different versions of the index around while we're
testing and it's hard to keep them straight.

I'd like to put a readme.txt file in the directory that contains some
history about how that index came to be. Is that harmless? Will it be
ignored by solr, including during optimizations and any other operation,
and will solr not delete it?

Re: storing other files in index directory

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.
Just to second, Otis - I have a few files other that Lucene indexes with
Solr 1.3. There was no issue w.r.t index reading and writing.

Cheers
Avlesh

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.