Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Russell Butek <bu...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/05/10 17:58:17 UTC

RE: logging question: catch (Exception) throw AxisFault

I can appreciate that exceptions should be logged, and they ARE still
logged if you turn on debug.  The immediate problem (and there are lesser
ones in the build) is the multithread test case.  When that test pounds the
server with 400 requests it WILL get some connection refused exceptions
(for me, at least, this is usually only a few, but I've had as many as
360).  My test ignores these exceptions, but the build output is flooded
with them when log.info is used.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com> on 05/10/2002 10:47:55 AM

To:    "'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'" <ax...@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    RE: logging question:  catch (Exception) throw AxisFault

+1

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=102028751728496&w=2

But Richard feels that all exceptions should be logged.

--
Tom Jordahl