Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com> on 2011/04/30 19:55:01 UTC

Re: No Fuseki control panel...

On 30/04/11 18:49, McGibbney, Lewis John wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Using most recent Fuskei-0.2.0 I seem to be having problems loading in a small rdf dataset and running sparql queries on it. Although the output below indicates the server has read in the ontology as the default graph, I don't have the option (as I did before) of operating functions within the control panel as the control panel seems to have disappeared  :0|
>
> Here is my terminal output
>
> lewis@lewis-01:~/Fuseki-0.2.0$ ./fuseki-server --file=section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl /section6

No --update

It's in publish mode - just serving queries, no control panel.

	Andy

RE: No Fuseki control panel...

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Andy,

After upgrading my ubuntu from 10.04 to 11.04 I restarted the server and eureka the option for Server Management - Control Panel is now available.

I don't know if this is plausable, but maybe this either had something to do with the upgrade or maybe even upgrades to firefox...

Never-the-less, thank you for your persistence it is much appreciated. I can now continue my work.

Lewis
Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.

Re: No Fuseki control panel...

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.

On 30/04/11 22:28, McGibbney, Lewis John wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I've been struggling with this, having tried various attempts from info on the wiki.
> I understand that 'the server will service read requests only unless the --update argument is used.' so I tried restarting the fuseki server with the following
>
> ./fuseki-server --file=section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl --update /section6
>
> and I still get the same results. I was wondering if you could expand a bit to give me more insight into the workings and the correct parameters required to switch from publish mode to another mode enabling me to query the default graph.
>
> I have tried GET and POST from the wiki but both do not work at the moment with HTTP 400 error and similar terminal output respectively.
>
> Thanks
>
>> No --update
>>
>> It's in publish mode - just serving queries, no control panel.
>>
>>         Andy

--update should work.

I checked Fuseki 0.2.0, and ran:

./fuseki-server --file tdb.ttl --update /section6

(tdb.ttl being a convenient RDF file - no significance; I also tried a
file with .owl suffix)

and it worked for me.

http://localhost:3030/

Make sure there isn't another fuseki running - the second will not be
able to bind it's server port and you end up talking to the first one.

What does the log file say?

I get:

11:53:00 INFO  Fuseki               :: Dataset: in-memory: load file:
tdb.owl
11:53:00 WARN  riot                 :: {W136} Relative URIs are not
permitted in RDF: specifically <tdb.owl>
11:53:00 INFO  Fuseki               :: Update enabled
11:53:00 INFO  Fuseki               :: Fuseki 0.2.0
11:53:00 INFO  Fuseki               :: Jetty 7.x.y-SNAPSHOT
11:53:00 INFO  Fuseki               :: Dataset = /section6
11:53:00 INFO  Fuseki               :: Started 2011/05/01 11:53:00 BST
on port 3030
11:53:26 INFO  Fuseki               :: [1] GET
http://localhost:3030/section6/query?query=SELECT+*+%7B%3Fs+%3Fp+%3Fo%7D&output=json&stylesheet=%2Fxml-to-html.xsl&force-accept=text%2Fplain
11:53:26 INFO  Fuseki               :: [1] Query = SELECT * {?s ?p ?o}
11:53:26 INFO  Fuseki               :: [1] OK/select
11:53:26 INFO  Fuseki               :: [1] 200 OK

Note the "Update enabled"

Could you also run:

./fuseki-server --version

and let me know the output?