Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com> on 2012/02/10 18:19:53 UTC

Re: Retire JDO Expert Group mail list

Hi Awais,

On Jan 14, 2012, at 7:01 AM, Awais Bajwa wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> I think JDO expert group members should definitly keep a seperate
> email group as well as subscribing to jdo-dev.

Can you please explain why the separate group adds value? From my
perspective, everyone who is active on the expert group is already
subscribed to jdo-dev. Maintaining two lists seems like a waste of
energy (I'd personally have to mange the subscriptions to both lists).

Thanks,

Craig

Posted by Awais Bajwa <aw...@gmail.com>.
Craig,

If you think there is a lot of maintenance cost, you can merge it.

Keeping the expert group email list in my opinion would keep
the communication channel between the JDO experts and the outside world. As
well as any communication ever required within the EG members, and to
notify non-active EG members for any Expert group activity.

Thanks
Awais Bajwa