Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Jamie Lyon <jl...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk> on 2007/09/05 17:09:18 UTC

Soap with Attachments support

Hi,

Is there planned support for SwA for the client in Axis2/C within the
very near future? A project I am working on requires that I support SwA,
as it doesn't support MTOM (and redeploying the service is not an
option).

If this is not planned, then would it be possible for you to give me
some tips on how to implement it? A quick outline on how it would be
implemented if you'd do it yourself would be okay, since then I can work
towards developing a patch that can be included upstream.

Thanks,
Jamie

Re: Soap with Attachments support

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Jamie Lyon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there planned support for SwA for the client in Axis2/C within the
> very near future? A project I am working on requires that I support
> SwA, as it doesn’t support MTOM (and redeploying the service is not an
> option).

We do not have anyone working on it right now, hence chances are that
this would not be available in the near future.

> If this is not planned, then would it be possible for you to give me
> some tips on how to implement it? A quick outline on how it would be
> implemented if you’d do it yourself would be okay, since then I can
> work towards developing a patch that can be included upstream.

That is good news, if you can help with some implementation. I am not
sure how exactly to implement this right now. However, we can learn form
the Java implementation how that could be done. I will look into the
Java implementation and give some thoughts on how we could possibly do
that.

Thanks,
Samisa...

--