Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jon yeargers <jo...@lupinesystems.net> on 2004/04/06 20:41:17 UTC

building a server to maximize tomcat

Im shopping about for a good server to run tomcat on. Im having a
problem with my existing 700Mhz PIII in that it tends to bog down on
longer processes. I bought it on EBay as a test machine and well.. its
been ok to this point. It has 500 Mb RAM. Im running Tomcat and mySQL on
it and it isn't performing too well lately.

In any event - suggestions on a good machine? When I buy servers I
generally buy Dell as they are easy to work on, parts are available,etc.
I'd be game to try something more 'boutique' if the price was
competitive. Any boxes I should steer clear of or take a second look at?