Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bj�rn Ingimundarson <bj...@hex.is> on 2004/08/20 13:43:17 UTC

Language Bundles outside of WAR's

I just had a requirement of placing the language bundles for my
webapplication outside of WAR's so they can be more easily edited.

I´m running JBOSS and it's works to have Language bundles uniquely
prefixed with the webapp name and placed in the server/conf directory, but
I would like to place them in a directory like server/conf/webappname so
the conf directory does not become crowded with language bundles and hard
to maintain.

My problem is though that on startup JBOSS does not load properties files
from subdirs of server/conf

Is there a different way for me to do this?

We've had the problem of having to edit text in resource bundles but do
not want to remake and redeploy WAR's when this is done. Anything to keep
our system up and running.....

Best regards,
Bjossi

---------------------------------------
Björn Ingimundarson
Senior Developer
Hex Software :: We Build Character
www.hex.is | tel: +354 517 5456 | mobile: +354 824 4680
email: bjossi@hex.is | weblog: http://bjossi.hexia.net
msn: bingimund@hotmail.com

Hexia.net  -as if by magic

Re: Language Bundles outside of WAR's

Posted by Markus <ma...@gmx.com>.
One easy way, which I use during editing HTML pages is unpack war, rename
folder to webappname.war and copy and paste your changed pages into folder.

Kind regards,

Markus