Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Nacho <na...@siapi.es> on 2000/05/20 23:34:01 UTC

How can i do.....? ( from the famous series of silly questions by nacho)

Hi, All

How can i do security-constraints dynamic? What i can say with this?

i want to change security-constraints dynamically in a web site, that
this in the actual incarnation of tomcat every change to the web.xml
file of a webapp leads to a reloading of the server, is this right ??

Well, Imagine, How can i administer the security-constraints of a webapp
without restarting in same manner the server?? or perhaps in the future
only the affected context?

I want to implement this kind of dynamic security in my webapp, i want
to store the security-constraint fragment of the web.xml file i.e. in a
database or perhaps on JNDI context or..., i like to describe ( to my
work colleagues ) the actual status of tomcat security as "STATIC"
security, i want make tomcat work like a FileSystem works in a SO,
imagine restarting the system whenever security of files changes...

As i can read the DTD of web.xml and therefore of the manner of
security-constraints are implemented in tomcat belongs to the
Servlet&JSP spec, this mean that i need a thing that is not in the
spec???? what a surprise. ;-)

Can anyone give me a hint about how can i do what i want?

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega