Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/12 14:55:35 UTC

Container allocation on the same node

Hi,

  I want to get some containers for my application on the same node, is
there a way to make such a request.

  For example, I have an application which needs 10 containers, but have a
constraint that a set of those containers need to be running on the same
node. Can I ask my resource manager to give me, let us say 5 containers on
the same node?

  I know that there is now a way to specify the node name on which I need a
container, but I don't bother which node in the cluster I get them
allocated on, I just need them on the same node.

  Please suggest me if it is possible, and how can I do that?

Thanks,
Kishore

Re: Container allocation on the same node

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

   What will happen when I specify local host as the required host? Doesn't
the resource manager give me all the containers on the local host?  I don't
want to constrain myself to the local host, which might be busy while other
nodes in the cluster have enough resources available for me.

Thanks,
Kishore

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsh,

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Container allocation on the same node

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Container allocation on the same node

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Container allocation on the same node

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J