Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/02 02:20:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Proton 0.13.1

Hi, folks.  Here is an RC for 0.13.1.  Please test and place your vote.

Source distribution:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.13.1-rc/

Maven staging repo:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1082

Changes since 0.13.0:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-proton.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/0.13.1-rc

These are signed and ready for GA if approved by vote.  I'll close the vote
on July 11th.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Proton 0.13.1

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 02/07/16 03:20, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, folks.  Here is an RC for 0.13.1.  Please test and place your vote.
>
> Source distribution:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.13.1-rc/
>
> Maven staging repo:
>
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1082
>
> Changes since 0.13.0:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-proton.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/0.13.1-rc
>
> These are signed and ready for GA if approved by vote.  I'll close the vote
> on July 11th.

+1 (compiled, ran tests and installed, ran python and c++ examples
against dispatch router).

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Proton 0.13.1

Posted by Cliff Jansen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tested Windows build.  Confirmed SChannel fixes are in order.

Cliff

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 6 July 2016 at 17:13, Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> NOTE: gpg gave me this:
>>
>> gpg --verify  qpid-proton-0.13.1.tar.gz.asc qpid-proton-0.13.1.tar.gz
>> gpg: Signature made Fri 01 Jul 2016 10:08:26 PM EDT using RSA key ID
>> C6B459DB
>> gpg: Good signature from "Justin Ross (CODE SIGNING KEY) <jross@apach
>> e.org>"
>> gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
>> gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to
>> the owner.
>> Primary key fingerprint: F1B5 7706 904F AD58 4D55  21D5 648A 8E57
>> C6B4 59DB
>>
>> I don't usually do the .asc check so I don't know if this is normal.
>
> I think this means that you personnally don't trust that the signature
> belongs to who it says it belongs to and is not forged.
>
> So you need to verify p2p that the key actually belongs to Justin and
> mark it trusted yourself, then you won't get the message.
>
> Andrew

Its configurable what it means I believe with things like whether you
signed it, a chain of people you trust [to differing degree] signed
it, etc, all contributing. A quick google gives
https://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN346 and
https://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN385

We should probably do better at cross-signing to aid in avoiding this.
That fact the key is available direct from an ASF server (vs some
other) gives a little more confidence than if otherwise, but cross
signing more would be an improvement.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Proton 0.13.1

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2016-07-05 at 12:25 +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> On 2 July 2016 at 03:20, Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, folks.��Here is an RC for 0.13.1.��Please test and place your
> > vote.
> >
> > Source distribution:
> >
> > � https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.13.1-rc/

+1 (see NOTE below)

Checks:
- download, checksums�
- make all docs, ctest, install
- built & ran dispatch tests.
- ran Go examples by hand from installed gocode library
- quick check of installed C++ and Go documentation

gpg: Good signature from "Justin Ross (CODE SIGNING KEY) <jr...@apache.org>"

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

I tested the staged Maven artefacts using the Joram Testsuite with
Qpid JMS Client 0.10.0 and Java Broker 6.0.4.
No issues encountered.

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
+1

Tested:
 pyngus unit tests (python 2.7 and 3.4)
 oslo.messaging unit and functional tests for AMQP 1.0 driver
 rsyslog output module

--
-K