Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by CONNIE BARCZAK <co...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/14 19:48:23 UTC

creating a newsletter

I would like to know if I would be able to create a newsletter of about 4-6 pages. I now use Microsoft publisher and my computer crashed and no longer can use it.
Thank you,
Connie
Conniezak123@gmail.com

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: creating a newsletter

Posted by Ian Whitfield <wh...@blinkmail.co.za>.
Hi Connie

I've been producing a Newsletter/Journal every month for the past 13
years. Each issue between 50 and 60 pages.

I started with Open Office then moved to LibreOffice but soon realized
that I needed something better. I therefore started using Scribus which
is the perfect Program for doing this.

But as Roy says there will be a learning curve whatever you use. Scribus
is also FOSS Software.

Good luck.

IanW
Pretoria RSA

Re: creating a newsletter

Posted by Don Morse <do...@blackpalace.com>.
Make sure you obtain the newsletter template(s) from the
template/extension site.  Works fine.

don

Re: creating a newsletter

Posted by zahra a <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.
if you need to use microsoft publisher format for your work,
libreoffice supports it.
you can open publisher format with libreoffice, but i did not test it
and dont know how can you edit them and how is the quality.
God bless you all.

On 8/15/17, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:48:23 -0700
> CONNIE BARCZAK <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to know if I would be able to create a newsletter of about
>> 4-6 pages. I now use Microsoft publisher and my computer crashed and no
>> longer can use it.
>> Thank you,
>> Connie
>> Conniezak123@gmail.com
>>

> Yes, but there will be a learning curve.  OpenOffice is not an MS Word or MS
> Publisher clone.  It is free, so it will only cost you time.
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is: