Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com> on 2015/06/03 11:39:41 UTC

Status of the Apache Sling Default POST Servlets bundle

hi *,

I would like to release the  Apache Sling Default POST Servlets bundle .
I am a bit skeptic to do this due to [0]
Indeed this has been reopened since it breaks some IT .
May anybody shade some light :) ?

regards

antonio

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4223

Re: Status of the Apache Sling Default POST Servlets bundle

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Wednesday 03 June 2015 09:39:41 Antonio Sanso wrote:
> hi *,

hi Antonio,

> I would like to release the  Apache Sling Default POST Servlets bundle .
> I am a bit skeptic to do this due to [0]
> Indeed this has been reopened since it breaks some IT .
> May anybody shade some light :) ?

see my comment here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4537?focusedCommentId=14377583

The code of content loader is old and messy and I prefered a cleanup before
adding new functionality. So I really appreciate the effort of SLING-4541 to
add more tests.

Bruce and Tomek drove the latest development (also the versioning features in
SLING-4318) so they (and maybe Radu) should know the current status best.

Regards,
O.

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
hi,

thanks guys for the feedbacks.
So, if everybody agree I will resolve SLING-4223 and try to release Apache Sling Default POST Servlets bundle.
Please raise your concerns if you do thing this is troublesome…

regards

antonio

Posted by Tomek Rękawek <to...@cognifide.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...I am a bit skeptic to do this due to [0]..

SLING-4223 points to SLING-4537 and SLING-4538 which are both
resolved, is there more to fix?

(I haven't followed so far, just trying to understand)

You mention failing integration tests but
https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Sling/job/sling-trunk-1.7/ is
green (well..blue ;-) do you have more specific info as to what is or
was failing?

Note that I'll work with Petr on SLING-4541 in the next few days, to
improve test coverage of the content loader modules.

-Bertrand

Re: Status of the Apache Sling Default POST Servlets bundle

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
+Tomek, Oliver

anyone ? :)