Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Gagnon <mg...@genome.med.harvard.edu> on 2008/06/04 15:31:37 UTC

Cannot use multiple s:action tags?

When I attempt to use more than 1 s:action tag on a page, I just get back a
blank page - no error, no console output, just nothing.

My page just looks like:
	<h1><s:property value="project.title"/></h1>
	<s:action namespace="/admin/nextGen" name="ManageNotes"
executeResult="true">
		<s:param name="id" value="%{project.id}"/>
	</s:action>

	<s:action namespace="/admin/nextGen" name="ManageSamples"
executeResult="true">
		<s:param name="id" value="%{project.id}"/>
	</s:action>

If I just use one action (either one alone), the page is correctly rendered
with that content. I see the header text with the content result of the
action. With both present, I don't even see the header text. I don't even
get any html back -- just blank. No struts error, no tomcat error...nothing.
Tomcat is running in eclipse, and my console shows no output beyond the
startup output. What might cause this?

RE: Cannot use multiple s:action tags?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
tough to say without seeing the  web.xml
I would be looking for the servlet entry for admin.NextGen.ManageNotes
and also the servlet web.xml entry for admin.NextGen.ManageSamples

also please display code for each Action class

Any or configurations in struts-config.xml should be displayed as well

Thanks
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> From: mgagnon@genome.med.harvard.edu
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Cannot use multiple s:action tags?
> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 09:31:37 -0400
>
> When I attempt to use more than 1 s:action tag on a page, I just get back a
> blank page - no error, no console output, just nothing.
>
> My page just looks like:
> 	<h1><s:property value="project.title"/></h1>
> 	<s:action namespace="/admin/nextGen" name="ManageNotes"
> executeResult="true">
> 		<s:param name="id" value="%{project.id}"/>
> 	</s:action>
>
> 	<s:action namespace="/admin/nextGen" name="ManageSamples"
> executeResult="true">
> 		<s:param name="id" value="%{project.id}"/>
> 	</s:action>
>

> If I just use one action (either one alone), the page is correctly rendered
> with that content. I see the header text with the content result of the
> action. With both present, I don't even see the header text. I don't even
> get any html back -- just blank. No struts error, no tomcat error...nothing.
> Tomcat is running in eclipse, and my console shows no output beyond the
> startup output. What might cause this?

Search that pays you back! Introducing Live Search cashback.
http://search.live.com/cashback/?&pkw=form=MIJAAF/publ=HMTGL/crea=srchpaysyouback