Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Züblin Thomas <th...@bmdwireless.com> on 2004/03/26 09:58:37 UTC

org.apache.xerces.dom3.as Package

Hi everybody!
I'm new to this list and quite new to the whole xml stuff so please forgive
if this question sounds stupid to you.
I want to write an application that allows guided editing of xml files, this
means the xml file can only be manipulated by the user according to a given
xsd schema. For this it would be nice to make use of the features of the
package org.apache.xerces.dom3.as (
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/dom3-api/index.html )
But as far as i can tell these features are not really implemented? the
domImpl.hasFeature("AS-DOC","") returns false, so i guess i cannot use this
functionality... Why are all the classes deprecated? Is there something
similar i can use? btw. i have downloaded xerces from cvs and compiled with
the task jars-dom3 to gain access to the dom 3 features..
Thanx for your time,
tom

Re: org.apache.xerces.dom3.as Package

Posted by Endre Furnes <en...@notion.no>.
That's nice to learn Michael....

Thks.......

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@apache.org>.
Hello Endre,

Actually, DOM Level 3 Core and Load/Save have been a priority in the last
several releases. We've been tracking the specs as they've progressed, as
well as making many bug fixes. The implementation is still experimental so
we do not include it in the standard distribution yet, but we do provide
a DOM L3 beta distribution, the latest being:
beta2-dom3-Xerces-J-bin.2.6.2.zip [1].

The org.apache.xerces.dom3.as package contains the API for DOM Level 3
Abstract Schemas [2], a specification which is no longer in development.
As stated on the front page of the document, there are no plans for future
work on it. This is why we've deprecated it. It may be removed in the
future.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-j/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/NOTE-DOM-Level-3-AS-20020725/

Posted by Endre Furnes <en...@notion.no>.
Hi Thomas.

As a part of a project, I did some work on, as you says "guided editing", and I published it on https://Sourceforge.net/projects/caxo . Can save you a lot of work, as it's a complete framework for editing xml objects. Not sure what I uploaded on schema verification, but if you mail me some words directly, I can see what I can find for you.