Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/24 18:06:22 UTC

Decorate parameter

Hi

I am currently trying to decorate the encoder parameter of Select component
(at least every component that has an encoder parameter) to apply an
indirection on client Value (see owasp rule A4)

I have tried to use InternalComponentResources of the container to write a
new value via the Binding, or the ParameterAccess, but no way...
It depends on the case but can fail with NullPointerException or because
default binding is invariant...

Any hints ?

Christophe Cordenier.

Developer of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Actually i do it at the very end of chain and manipulate only string.
The work is done at link encoding and decoding.

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Actually your remarks makes me wondering if it's really a good solution to
'encode' all the activation parameters, i should focus on a list of type.
Have to think on how to achieve this...

Thanks for discussion.
Christophe Cordenier.

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

2010/3/26 Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:38:38 -0300, Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  I am currently trying to decorate the encoder parameter of Select
>>> component
>>> (at least every component that has an encoder parameter) to apply an
>>> indirection on client Value (see owasp rule A4)
>>>

>> This seems like a wide net... Have you considered using a different
>> type for the ids that you want obfuscated?
>>

> Or implementing the obfuscation logic inside the ValueEncoder? This
> interface is exactly where Tapestry expect you to any conversion between
> object and string representation of it used inside an URL or HTML page.
> That's the simplest and more reusable solution I can think. Another one
> would be the decoration of ValueEncoderSource.

This is exactly what i did. The thing is that i wanted to make this totally
transparent to the user through a mixin and also allow to apply this
obfuscation on demand only not to be too intrusive. By the way valueEncoder
works like a charm.

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

Thanks you for suggestions.

Best Regards,
Christophe.

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Decorate parameter

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I just discovered the @BindParameter annotation and new ParameterConduit
API, sadly this is only available in 5.2.

Regards,
Christophe Cordenier.