Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2002/06/14 10:51:05 UTC

Cocoon and OpenCMS?

a quick question (I know the answer may be more difficult ;-):

what is the relationship - if any - between OpenCMS
http://www.opencms.org/opencms/opencms/index.html
and Cocoon - it seems there are some overlaps - yet
perhaps the focus of each is different - and lots of the
'buzzwords' seem similar - Velocity; Struts; JSP; Tomcat etal

can these systems be 'integrated' - if so, how? and
what, if any, roles could each play?

i appreciate there is not a *specific* question i am asking here
but CMS is an issue for me at present, and i wondering if
i will have to learn yet-another-package - or can i keep building
on what i have learnt so far?

any thoughts/comment would be welcome

derek

ps - i am especially curious re the role of JSP; OpenCMS
seems to be adopting it only now - yet from a Cocoon
perspective, might that not be a move backwards??

Re: Cocoon and OpenCMS?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Dear Derek

If you are looking for a CMS based on Cocoon, then you might be
interested in Wyona http://www.wyona.org.

There will also be a conference on Open Source Content Management
this September in San Francisco: http://www.oscom.org

All the best

Michael